Updating your details on the register

This guidance tells you how to update your details on the register.


For more information about maintaining your registration and licence to practise, please see our after registration guidance.

Changing your address

It is important for you to make sure that your registered address continues to be reliable and effective throughout your professional life.

The best way to keep your address and other contact details up-to-date is to change them in our secure web portal, Communitybaptistpa Online, in the My details section.

If you already have an online account, you can log in here to update your address.

Log in.

If you have never logged into Communitybaptistpa Online and do not have log in details, you can activate your account here.

Activate account.

Alternatively, you can update your registered address and other contact details using our enquiry form.

Remember that if you do not maintain a reliable address your name may be removed from the register.

Changing your name

If you have changed your name (for example on marriage) and you wish to be registered in a different name to the one in which you are currently registered, please complete the electronic change of name form (pdf) and send it to us with a scanned copy of the evidence for your change of name. The form will tell you what evidence to send.

Please note that we can only change your name based on an if it comes from the address we hold on your record. You can check your registered address through Communitybaptistpa Online.

Changing your name and gender status

Contact us

Medical practice requires you to make sure that you are identifiable to your patients and colleagues, for example by using your registered name when signing statutory documents including prescriptions.

If you want to practise in a name and gender status that is different to your registered name and gender status, you need to telephone us for details on how to apply to do this.

You will be put through to one of two experienced advisers who will help you through the process. Your application will be confidential.

The application process

We will post you a hard copy application form to complete. Based upon your individual circumstances you can send us evidence including:

  • a birth certificate in your current gender status


  • a medical report from a registered practitioner who has been treating you in relation to a change in gender status. The report template can be found on the last page of the application form


  • evidence of your change of name.

Changing your name and gender status on the register

Two separate register entries will appear on the List of Registered Medical Practitioners – one under your old name and gender status and another in your new name and gender status. Both entries have a different Communitybaptistpa reference number.



также читайте