Applying to give up your licence to practise

Giving up your licence to practise means you keep your registration, but you don't have to participate in revalidation and you'll pay a reduced annual retention fee.

What do I need to consider before giving up my licence?

  • You’re still bound by the principles of Medical practice if you keep your registration without a licence. You won’t be able to carry out any of the duties for which you need a licence to practise. You can find more information in our licence to practise guidance.
  • You need to be fully registered with a licence if you are intending to apply for a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) or are applying for one at the moment. 
  • If you are a doctor in training and are ‘out of programme’, you need to hold a licence to keep your national training number.
  • You need to hold a licence to practise to be on the primary medical performers list.
  • If you hold provisional registration and you intend to complete F1, you will need your licence.
  • If you are a Responsible Officer or a Suitable Person, you must be registered with a licence to practise.
  • Remember, as long as you hold a licence, you need to take part in revalidation.

Talk to those you provide medical services to

You must talk to any organisations or individuals with whom you have contract of employment with or provide a medical service to. If you do medico-legal work, you must talk to organisations who instruct you.

Talk to your indemnity provider/insurer

You must speak to your insurance or indemnity provider before you give up your licence.

What do I need to do to give up my licence?

It can be straightforward to give up your licence; you just need to apply online. You don't need to provide any documents or evidence.

Your registration without a licence to practise will begin from the date we receive your application. Or you can choose a date in the future, which can be up to 28 days from the day you apply.

You can't choose a date in the past.

Costs and refunds

There is a processing fee for applying to give up your licence to practise.

You'll pay a reduced annual retention fee, effective from the date you give up your licence. If you are due a refund, we will calculate this and send it to you.

Please see our fees page for our current fees.

I am ready to apply

If you already have a Communitybaptistpa Online account, you can log in here and apply in the My Registration section.

Log in (opens in a new window).

New users

If you have a Communitybaptistpa reference number, but have never logged into to your online account and do not have log in details, you can activate your account here.

Activate your account (opens in a new window).

читать дальше

читать дальше