Besides our permanent staff, we also appoint over 1,000 associates.
Our associates have both medical and non-medical backgrounds. They support us to deliver our key roles – we wouldn't be able to fulfil our duties without their expertise.
As part of their role, Communitybaptistpa associates may:
- take part in panels – such as our Registration and Registrations Appeal panel, and Investigation Committee panel, PLAB panels and our Tests of Competence and Revalidation assessments panel
- join our quality assurance visits – to check the work of medical schools, deaneries, health authority local offices and education providers
- work as performance and health assessors – when there are concerns about a doctor’s ability to practise safely due to performance or ill-health
- examine candidates taking the objective structured clinical examination as part of the PLAB part 2 test, or help develop our assessment material
- give advice – to support our regulatory functions.
We also support the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) to appoint tribunal members, tribunal chairs or legally qualified chairs and legal assessors. .
Interested in becoming an associate?
To get an update when we're recruiting new associates, [email protected].